Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have the chance to pick up a 1977 snojet astro for pretty cheap
the thing is that the motor is seized
im not to sure how much it will need to get it going or if it is eaven worth putting a couple hundred bucks into it

im hopeing to make a couple bucks off of it in the end but im also just hopeing to have a nice project to work on durring the next little bit

is this investment worth it and will it be a hard motor fix

thanks alot

·
Registered
385 Posts
You may also want to see if any Kawasaki motors would work on it. I know that some models of Kawasaki are almost identical to the SnoJets. As far as the price I have no clue on that. It just depends on how much someone would be willing to pay you when it's done.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 77 astro 340 mint cond. Hanging onto it ...barely I really don't ride it much just one or two little rips to keep the juices flowing. anyway I see people asking 6-900 dollars for them in worse cond. than mine. I've seen higher than that also but I don't think they are in the real world. Cruise the vintage sites you might get lucky on parts.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I had a 77 Astro 340, it had a Kawasaki motor in it. It was my first sled when I was 14. I loved it and wish I still had it. At the time ... mid 80's ... it was a fast, well handling sled for a teenager.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts