Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a few days ago i posted that i was having troubles with my 91 440 jag.Would not idle,run,fire and many other problems.well it turned out that my number one cylinder was hooped,20psi for compression.so yesterday i put a new cylinder,piston,rings,cdi and cleaned the carbs and let me tell you,wow does this work good.I had it going 75 mph today and it still had a little more in er.oh yeah and it idles now,so i just thought i would let you guys know i got her all sorted out now.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Not to throw cold water on you, but did you figure out why the piston and cylinder had a meltdown? Was it a bad crankseal or carb flange or ???? :dunno:

Wouldn't want to see you meltdown the new piston and pot. You should check for air leaks at the crankseals and carb flanges.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the old guy at the machine shop here in town says that what happened is that those cylinders will go out of round and then the ring catches the port and away she goes.It wasn't a melt down and i know it wasn't lean the skirts on the piston were not scuffed up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts