Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1998 jag 440 will idle fine but when I try to take it to mid throttle it will bog to the point of dieing, Unless I let off throttle. It has new gas, gas lines, spark plugs, and the carbs are clean.

Thanks,

·
118 Posts
My SS440 used to do that because the butterfly was put on backwards, but I'm sure your mechanic was a little smarter. Sounds like a carb issue though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cleaned both carbs again, Put them back in and it did not help. I then tryed moving the clips up and down one from middle grove on the main jet and it did not help.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Id check the fuel system starting with the in tank clunker all the way to the carb seems there is a restriciton somewhere ususally a filter part plugged is a common cause

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine blubbers down low and when I give it gas also. If it were lean, that is when you get the bog reaction. I'm still trying to figure out mine. I'm going to try some smaller pilot jets....

·
Registered
16 Posts
If its fuel when it starts bogging just hit the kill switch and pull the plugs then you will know if its carbs or not if the plugs are wet or not otherwise check the throttle sensor. Theres a video how to bypass it on the main arctic cat forum page by 'blaine1"

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Mousie nest in airbox...???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like carb issues to me.. just my two cents. google spanky's jetting guide. It's for dirt bikes, but one of the best jetting guides I've found.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here was the fix for my sled:
I changed my pilot jets from 22.5s to 20s. And bingo, She runs great! I didn't think it would be that easy but I guess a little jetting goes a long ways.
To anyone else out there, also check your choke plunggers to make sure they are set at the right height. They can get out of wack when you clean your carbs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I don't have the manual, so I used a piece of wire to measure the depth of the plunger socket. I then set the top of the threads on the plunger to that length. If you look at it you should be able to figure out. You want them to seat all the way at the bottom when the choke is off........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts