Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 skidoo summit with a 670 Rotax ... it leaked 2/3 of its oil container in a night out through the right side carburetor. With the injection system the prime suspect it was replaced .... the leak continued ... so with carbs removed and injection line removed I slowly started pulling the motor over ... huge pukes of oil came out the right side again ....I continued to roll the motor over until the oil container was 2/3 empty ( this is the level of the port which supplies the bottom end with oil, which eventually recycles oil back to the container at the top of the container ). At this point the puking oil stopped .... I noticed no oil recycling back to the container ... if I fill the return line or the container with oil the right side pours oil again .! Even with out rolling over the motor ..!? Any ideas how that oil is passing thru ?

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Check on youtube for replacing the oil seal on the rotary valve. It shows where the issue is and how to change them out without splitting the crank case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts