Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove and clean the injectors on my 2012 XF800. Is there any trick to doing it or anything that I should now before I pull them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having exact same problem when i was riding felt like a clutch issue at the time the sled was not reving right and then it died on trail and could not get it started i thought it might have been spark but had spark and checked resistance on the ignition coils and tbey came in at .7 which to my knowledge is ok then checked fuel and the plugs where a little wet and the rail had fuel going to it i took off the hose and watched it drain out then for shits and giggles i cleaned the smart valves i had never done this from the day i got it and i have 10 thousand miles on it so i though it could be those but they looked fine but cleaned them any way then i pulled it over and saw fuel come out the hose at a grater rate then before however now when i pull it over a insane rate of fuel comes out of the cylinders so i thought the crank may be flooded which is odd for a efi but i pulled it over and took a lighter to it and drained the tank then put plugs in and pulled it and it flooded again so is it possible it is injectors i had just put seafoam in it literally 20 miles before it stopped running i am stumped at this point and i am going to clean injectors tomorrow any suggestions or information is appreciated i will keep you updated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Btw no codes where thrown and was running good and bogged maybe 60 feet before it died fuses also look fine and the pump is getting at its highest 14 volts when i pull it over

·
Registered
25,791 Posts
Welcome
Try this but then start your own thread, with all details of your sled.
take a pair of needle nose vise grips and lightly crimp off the fuel inlet (clutch side)
Pull the plugs and with Key off pull it over a bunch!
Leave plugs out over night even??
Then try and start it with the clamp on but be ready to loosen if she tries to fire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found the problem i belive piston rings are done because i measured compression and i had 65 psi in each cylinder

·
Registered
25,791 Posts
Tested at Wide open throttle it would have holes in both pistons!
Please try again maybe another tester?
Mine is 165 and I have 12,000 miles

1 - 14 of 14 Posts