Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw an ad for a brand new 2011 yamaha Bravo on craigs list. And in the picture, I could see it had had leaf spring suspension! Am I dreaming? I thought these hadn't been made for years!

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
they could of atleast done some suspension upgrades

·
Live To Ride
194 Posts
haha, when i was at my dealer yesterday i saw it, and couldnt stop laughing. brand new sled but at the same time the same old sled. looks nice, chrome handlebars and all..

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
If it ain't broke don't fix it, yamaha did it with the banshees for 20 years, stll the best dune quad IMO

Yamaha stop selling 2 strokes in the US becuz of the EPA

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats amazing...I saw it in an ad next to an 11' nitro and I almost jumped out of my seat! It looks the same that it did when they were made back in 80's and 90's!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Theres one at our local shop.. The owner said more people ask about that sled then the new m8 snopro next to it.. lol.. I love the sublime green on the m8 btw..
He even had people look at that bravo and complament him on a flawless restore. lol..

JT

·
Registered
26,690 Posts
My understanding is they still make several other 2 strokes, just not for sale in the US! It's that EPA thing!

·
Sledneck
65 Posts
If it ain't broke don't fix it, yamaha did it with the banshees for 20 years, stll the best dune quad IMO

Yamaha stop selling 2 strokes in the US becuz of the EPA
When I first saw it, the Banshee was the first thing that came to mind. Over 20 years, and the only thing that was ever changed (other than "bold new graphics") was the front suspension.

Used to have a Banshee. She was more high-maintenance than a supermodel, but when she ran, she wanted to rip my arms off!

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is great news! I have an 85 bravo, the thing was rode hard before I got it and even harder now. These sleds may not be fast or that powerfull but they will crawl over just about anything. I have the short track, and it pushed through 2 ft of snow, I had to work it alittle but for a small sled thats a real task. I can honestly tell anyone looking at buying these sleds that they are worth every penny and you wont find a sled that will last as long and need as little work, im a Cat fan myself but will never trade my little Bravo its a classic!

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
i believe theyre like 3grand you can google to make sure

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know old thread but I just can't believe a guy in Michigan can't look just a little beyond his tiny world of the good ole USA and discover there are other countries with snow and lots of it. Look up..way up (not that far) and you will see your Canuck cousins are Yamaha fanatics..RD 350' 400's 500's and yes Yamaha Bravos. Russia has em as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts