Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright this is a weird one. So yesterday put around 50 miles on the sled and parked it until now. When I went to start it, pushed the electric start button and nothing happens. No clicks, nothing. So I tested the battery and it’s fully charged. I took a screwdriver and went through the solenoid and it started. Then the reverse works (same button as start). I’m not sure about what to check or try to do. Please offer some help if you have it.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Blown fuse. There is a fuse that comes off the battery and goes to the ignition. Usually located right on top of the battery in a holder.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blown fuse. There is a fuse that comes off the battery and goes to the ignition. Usually located right on top of the battery in a holder.
I replaced the fuse and it started but it only starts once before going back to how it was. Am I using the wrong size fuse? there was only 1 and it was a 5 so i put another 5 in the right side. Anyone know what size they are supposed to be?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Could your battery be low? Low voltage on the battery would cause excessive amperage and blow the fuse.

If it were me, I'd probably just go up a size in the fuse. 6 or 7 amp. The fuse is only for the low amperage side of the solenoid and ignition switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts