Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First run… just purchased 2 new, 2010’s – Polaris 800 dragon RMKs and both are losing gauge lights, head lights dim (although tail is working) and every so often the engine died. Waited about 1 min to restart engine and after a minute or 2 of running, it starts acting up all over again. On one sled it died about 15 times coming down the mountain, and the other one died twice… good thing was with group of 6. Less than 7 hours on each sled, but started having problem after the 4th hour or so. Has anybody ever heard of or had this problem and know what is causing it, or should I go back to dealer and get my money back. Your reply is greatly appreciated.:dunno:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bringing them back to the dealer in the next few days...need to find the time to drag them back. Was hoping to hear if anybody also had this problem, seems like direct from manufacture issue not from the dealer's assembly... What are the chances of 2 new sleds both cutting out after only a few hours?

·
twins rule!
370 Posts
seems like the chances are pretty good, I would go over the dealers head right to the top of polaris if it cant be fixed quick. last year there were many complaints about new polaris sleds being lemons. people lost there whole season,not to mention there money. dont stand for it, if you do those who follow will also walk in your shoes. never give in+never give up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
someone on here a month or so ago was telling that the dealers also put some oil in the gas tank on new sleds sold to help with engine break in. How were your plugs? Were they really dark and rich?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts