Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all.

Getting a clunk in my feet while riding, and hearing it.. So this is what i just found.. If i set the parking brake so the the tack and the driver wont budge im getting maybe an inch of play in the secondary if i rock it back and forth..

Should i start to cry? Is my dimond drive or ACT as my friend calls it shot?

JT

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update..

Well i looked at three cats.. An 09 M8, 2010 M8, and a M8 H.O. thats a soon to be demo sled and its got 3 miles on it. All seem to have just as much play in the secondary if you rock it.. I took the secondary off the 09 M8 and put it on my sled and the clunk is 90% gone.. The rest id say is the slop in the ACT. And i think thats what the guy from the local cat shop ment when he said its normal..

The best part of it all is the guy i bought it from was dropping the M8 H.O. off to get a wrap put on while i was playing around with secondays. So he got to hear what i ment. He also took my clutch with him so he can figure out whats up with it. So im going to stop by the dealer tomarrow after work and well see what he finds..

JT

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fixed..

Well i picked up my clutch today and put it back on and shes all fixed.. They tore the clutch down and cleaned it up. they said they changed only one part.. A $13 bushing that he said is on the end of the helix. The cat parts list im looking at online shows it listed as a bearing. But either way. He said it had a fair ammount of slop in it. He also said theat there was a flat spot on a part that has something to do with one of the clutch sheaves. He said you cant buy just this part and you have to basicly get a new clutch. So they "smoothed" it out..

Anyways.. its up and running and for $13 and no charge for labor im happy..

Thanks for taking the time guys..

JT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts