Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at buying one it has 1500 miles on it what are the pros and cons about these sleds?, i no they had issues with the 800 h.o's in the revs and zx chassis sleds how are these? blew my 01 mach up i got a guy that wants the chassis so im thinking of moving up to an xp!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Uh, never heard of any re-occuring problems with the 800 H.O. except the seal issues that where fixed.
08 is the first year in the XP chassis and had a couple problems, make sure the updates are done.
As far as the 800r goes......07 was its first year and a couple had issues with crank bearing tolerances but most where good. 08 was the a great year and a bulletproof engine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kind of issues needing updates? i had a few friends with 800 H.Os and they had an issue where cylinders would crack around the ports and catch the rings and do some serious damage.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Never personally seen anything like that. Crazy stuff.
1. The driveshafts had a weak weld and would break, make sure the updated driveshaft has been put itl\
2. There is a wire on the voltage regulater that could rub through on a rivet point, make sure the rivet has been covered.
3. The buttons to control your gauge where crap, the magets would fall out of them and they would quit working, make sure the updated button has been in.
If your curious about any of the updates just go to a dealer with all the sled information, he can tell you if the updates have been done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.