Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 MXZ X 600 H.O. SDI and my check engine light keeps coming on. If I turn the sled off and back on it goes away and then comes back in about 20 min. and sometimes as soon as the check engine light comes on it loses its top end and will only go about 40. I checked the spark plugs and they were white on the tips. (Might be running lean) Also took it to my local dealer and hes so busy right now he basically said just check the wiring and different things and to drain the gas and try some 91 octane.(currently doing so) Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me on some simple fixes or what might be wrong. Thanks

·
Registered
996 Posts
Its going into limp home mode. Quit riding it! The sled only puts itself into limp home if there is a very serious problem. The sled may not come out of limp home unless a dealer clears the codes.
Find a new dealer, if that idiot is to stupid to bring in business take it to someone that would appreciate it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.