Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 2007 Polaris iq 600 ho cfi, it has 2300 miles he wants $2200 for it, is it a good deal and is it good for ditch banging, and jumping, and how does it do it deep snow, and is it quick on trails
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,302 Posts
The longer the track, the better the sled goes in the deep stuff. Shorter tracks are way better on the hardpack and twisties. Your call to which will suit your riding.

The 600 CFI engine had best in class hp (124) during those years, so it will be pretty quick on the trails compared to other sleds in the class. If the track is studded, it will be even quicker. The 600 has a reputation of being pretty reliable, that is the same engine I have in my 08 RMK 600 and I have never had an issue with it (I bought that sled new.) 2300 miles isn't a lot for a 600, so if it was well maintained, it should be a pretty good value. Maintenance will be the key. I'm not up on trail sled prices, so I can't comment on whether the $2200 is a good price, you can always offer less and see what the guy says...

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The longer the track, the better the sled goes in the deep stuff. Shorter tracks are way better on the hardpack and twisties. Your call to which will suit your riding.

The 600 CFI engine had best in class hp (124) during those years, so it will be pretty quick on the trails compared to other sleds in the class. If the track is studded, it will be even quicker. The 600 has a reputation of being pretty reliable, that is the same engine I have in my 08 RMK 600 and I have never had an issue with it (I bought that sled new.) 2300 miles isn't a lot for a 600, so if it was well maintained, it should be a pretty good value. Maintenance will be the key. I'm not up on trail sled prices, so I can't comment on whether the $2200 is a good price, you can always offer less and see what the guy says...

Good luck!
I'm in maine, he's from Massachusetts and he only uses it when he's up to Maine, how does it do jumping do you know ?

·
Super Moderator
17,302 Posts
For jumping, it's not the best... an Assault would be the Polaris sled in that category. It will do about as well as the other brands, maybe a bit better than some... but the suspension is not built to take the big jumps. For small stuff it should do fine. Most brands have a sled with a more robust chassis just to hit those big jumps. The ride on those sleds is a lot rougher than a regular trail sled... there are always trade-offs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked up an o7 IQ 600 back in may. 8700 miles. Paid 1300 for it. In mint condition. Ridden by a 70 year old woman and her husband. They've had it since new. They provided me with regular service records from the local Polaris dealer. Mileage is a bit high but seeing the service records made me more confident with the purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's a few miles!

Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us!
Yes, definitely a lot of miles. But with proper preventive maintenance definitely not uncommon. There are a few members of our club who are well past 10k on their sleds and still goin strong. And I'm not talking about 4 strokes either. But then again, the iq isn't exactly a performance sled either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts