Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, just picked up my first sled, Polaris 600IQ 500miles.

Got a couple of questions. Where can I find a replacement belt?
What does everyone recomend? Part number?

Where can I find the Filter Sponge on the top dash? missing one <-what do you call it? Part number?

Any particular brand of spark plug recomended?

Any issue with running Amsoil? Its all I run in my KTM.

I just had my front shocks seals done and shimmed by a John Formally MX tech out of Beaver Falls PA. Really quick turn around and very affordable.

Thats about it for now. Cant wait for some snow to fly. Im so ready.

·
BAHNN Motorsports
189 Posts
I have the same sled 2007 IQ 600 HO..great ditch-banger:thumbsup:

belt 3211080, plugs I run Champion RN57YCC and/or NGK BPR9ES

foam 5812688 dealer and I run Amsoil Interceptor in all my exhaust valve sleds

there are several high grade 2 stroke oils on the market that will do the job but it just depends on how much you want to spend. I am a Amsoil Dealer so of course I run it...LOL...put a good set of studs up the middle...light weight sled and plenty of power plus it responds well in tight turns....overall I give it a 8 of 10:D

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
I run ngk's for all my powersports.

We are gonna run VES Gold, but Amsoil is still a very good product. VES is just what it's had it's whole life and seems to be working so far. We just bought the sled, an 07 600cfi, so I can't tell you much else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, got my spare belt and plugs.

I have just greased my fittings. I counted one on the jackshaft.
2 on the limiter straps and two in the back. Am I missing any?

My sag measurements.
Fully extended from a fixed point to a level floor is 19"
Wait of sled from Fixed Point to Level floor is 18"
Me after 3 hard jumps no gear is 12.5"

I have read alot about checking the tension the chain. Is this a big deal, how often should it be checked?

·
Super Moderator
16,797 Posts
It's easy to check tension, remove the belt so you can rotate the secondary so that the sled would be moving forward (takes the tension out of the back leg of the chain). Loosen the lock nut, tighten the adjuster bolt finger tight and back off 1/4 turn. Retighten the lock nut. Done. I adjust it yearly when I do pre-season maintenance.

My suspension has 5 in the skid, look on each end of the shock or on each cross shaft.

I use the 3211115 belt instead of the 080, it's more expensive but has lasted 3 times as long. Since going to the 115 belt, I have not had ONE belt issue in three years of riding. And I get stuck a lot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts