Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if anyone has ideas. I have a 2006 RMK 550 and I replaced the fuel pump because the sled wasn't getting gas and it would not start. I replaced the pump, and the lines are on correctly. There is fuel coming out of the line to the carbs. There is spark on the plugs. The compression on both is at 118. It will not start on starting fluid. I have only used non oxy gas. There is only 1600 miles on the sled. It did started once after I replaced the fuel pump and died after about 30 seconds. I can't get it going again and won't even attempt to start or turn over. Anyone have an idea of what I should check next? I am running out of ideas for what I know on these machines. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Clean the carburetors top to bottom. Those need to be done every preseason regardless if you run non ethanol gas. Use good carb cleaner along with a small piece of wire in each jet and passage way. Did you check the compression with the throttle wide open? Just use a zip tie when pulling it over to do that and the cut the zip tie when you are done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts