Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that yamaha is going to make many changes this year in there snowmobile line. People say Yamaha is going to get into snow-cross again:D i hope its true also yamaha is makeing a lighter chassis a better updated suspention also they are comeing out with a 750cc 3 cyl. 4-stroke a 2-up worrior with lighter chassis and direct fuel injection in all the sleds!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
'05 Yammies

I work for a Yamaha Dealer in NY and my sources only say the new sled will be a 750 four stroke with a turbo. Its supposed to produce more HP than the RX 1 and its gonna be in a new chassis which will be lighter with a new rear suspension.

·
Burn Baby Burn !!
768 Posts
yamaha 340 , i had one of those in an enticer.. there were indestructable..i miss it :)

fr0st

·
Registered
431 Posts
hahahaha. Man are these new yamis lame. I myself are thinkin of a used rx-1. These new 120 horespower "lead sleds " just aren't going to cut it as any kind of performance sled. I rode Arctic Cats turbo sleds (t660) last weekend and i must say thet this 110 horsepower rated sled will get SMOKED by my little f5. I'm not convinced 4 stroke is the way to go, even with skyrocketing oil and gas prices. Check out the website, there are no weight specs posted either. Not to knock all yamis, the rx-1 absolutely rips(just a little heavy) and the viper is still a pretty sweet sled too. Looks like if its a yami for me its a used rx.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts