Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive my ignorance as I'm new to this and am trying to learn.Looking for a new sled and I've come across an '05 XCSP 600. It is extremely clean but has 5000 miles. He put some aftermarket ski's on it and studs down the middle. Asking price is $3500. the price seems high to me with that many miles. Are there any common problems with this sled? Anything I should look for? Thanks for all your feedback

·
BAHNN Motorsports
189 Posts
snowmobiles are like anything else on the planet....only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Case in point: It won't quit snowing here in MN and our season is well into it's 6th week of good riding anywhere. 2002 XCSP 600's are selling for $3500....I guess location and conditions have a lot to do with what buyers are willing to pay. What I can tell you is there are a lot of good sleds out there so don't feel like you have to buy the first one because the decals are cool....look around and don't be afraid to make a cash offer and ask some questions. Simple economics...supply & demand

·
Registered
16 Posts
Like the other guys mentioned, supply and demand. If you can hold out for a thaw or even until January prices will drop a bit.

Prices are almost always top dollar during December.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for all the feedback. I live in Northern Indiana and we don't have the longest riding season. Would you guys be concerned with a sled that has 5000 miles?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
It's all about condition. Miles usually mean "wear", but if the previous owner was good about maintaining it, you might be better off with a high mileage sled over one with a few hundred miles that was beat and neglected.

I just dropped down $1500 for a sled with 6600 miles on it. The skid is as clean as new, good shocks, no play in the steering, the engine runs well and has good compression in both cylinders... good skis, a few dings in the seat. I'm hoping to get anotherr 6k out of it.

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
If It was taken care of it should last you a long time. There's many, many non rebuilt sleds out there still running great at over 10000 miles. My brother bought his xcsp600 last year with 6500 miles and it had almost 8000 at the end of the season and still ran excellent.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have a 2005 600 xcsp and love it. nice step up from the 500 i think for power. i bought the 600 for 4k on ebay with only 600 miles, so your price seems abit high to me but maybe i just got a good deal. not the fastest sled out there but i think its a great trail sled with plenty of power from 60 to 80 then a slow climb up from there. one problem i had with both my 2005 500 and 600 is that the bolt that holds the drive gear on in the chain case, the bolt head broke off. on the 500 i was able to get the rest of the bolt out and replace. the 600 i ended up buying a new shaft and polaris makes the new ones with a bigger bolt...i take case cover off every year and check bolt now and that has been my only problem with the sleds. knocking on wood lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts