Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 RX1 that I brought to my local Yamaha dealer to get ready for the riding season. After spending nearly $900 because the carbs had to be rebuilt, the sled ran for about an hour and now won't stay running. The dealer looked at it again, did whatever and said it was fine, and this past weekend, it wouldn't start. It spits, pops and bangs but won't fire and stay running. I'm not (never) going back to that Yamaha dealer but I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues??? Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did this get fixed

I have a 2005 RX1 that I brought to my local Yamaha dealer to get ready for the riding season. After spending nearly $900 because the carbs had to be rebuilt, the sled ran for about an hour and now won't stay running. The dealer looked at it again, did whatever and said it was fine, and this past weekend, it wouldn't start. It spits, pops and bangs but won't fire and stay running. I'm not (never) going back to that Yamaha dealer but I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues??? Any advice would be great.
Just wondering if it got fixed? Was it plugs? or something else ignition? Sounds like plugs or valve train.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts