Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get a chance to test ride a Vector ?
Looks real good on paper. Lots of high tech
and 120 hp with a 4 stroke thats as light as a Viper.
thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not yet. "BUT" give me until next season for a full report. I put $$$ down on one. Now the wait until aug. Did you read all the different reviews yet? I think it will be a very solid sled with a good motor. MM.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I read all about them right after I got back from the Snodeo in NH where there was demo rides. Rode an RX1 and loved it.
They had Vectors to ride and I just figured they were a low power touring type sled and didn't ride one. I got one more year on my sled but the Vector is on the top of my list along with a REV for the year after.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got to spend a whole day on the 05 Vecter. I think this is going to be a great sled..It feels very muck like a viper. the front end is light and easily comes over for sidehilling. The rear skid sucks up the bumps real well..The moguls were about 1 and 1/2 -2 feet high and you could just pin it. Climbibg in the wet heavy snow was easy...altho the power was decent on the lakes you could feel sled slow down on steep hills. With some extra power this sled is going to be a hit!!!

·
Administrator
1,159 Posts
My personal opinion about the Vector is that it is probably the best 4 stroke trail sled on the market at the time. Yamaha is really starting to lead the way into the 4 stroke industry. If I had to make a choice for a new 4 stroke sled to buy, I would choose the Vector over anything else... however I would definately put some consideration into the Arctic Cat Turbo... although the weight of the Vector would sell me in the end.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Daner you forgot that it cost's more to operate and maintain that 2-choke.:eek:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still looking for any first hand info on the Vector when they come out. Like to keep this post going. I want a high tech efficient sled with some power for my next sled.
Leaning towards a Rev with the 600SDI, but I like what I'm hearing about the Vector. 2 years on my MXZ and 5400 miles with no problems. Figure I have one or two dependable seasons left. Then it's shopping time!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going to the NHSA Drags, will check out a Vector aT the Yamaha booth. So far only been reading about them. I'll need to wait till March for a test ride at the Snodeo in NH.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Maybe I'm a wimp, but if its 40 below I'm not going snowmobiling.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
-35 one morning last season, 5 of us went out to start the sleds, all 2 strokes. Every one took ten minutes or more to get running.
Then.. you guys ever try to turn a track that's been that cold all night?!
We were crazy and rode all day, dressed VERY warm.
The real good part is all the sleds really ripped on the lake at that temp. Just had to keep behind the windshield.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
lol no kidding, -35 is pushing it i woudl go out if it was -30 in the morning, if you want your sled to start better throw a tarp over it and stick a car warmer under the belly pan over night, a buddy does with his 800 zrt when its real cold, cold blooded beast lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
good idea with the tarp and warmer. Getting the motors started was easy compared to getting the tracks to turn, sure we took a little life of the belts that morning.
We trailer 300 miles up north to ride so we ride no matter how cold. We also all ended up buying handle bar guantlets that day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts