Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 firecat..your suggestion??..F6 or F7??? and what about the Sno Pro orange???

i have been looking at the 2005 firecats online and am thinkin about spring ordering a sno pro in the orange.... but havent seen it in person yet.... has anyone seen the orange in person??? how does it look?? also which would you guys suggest me getting... F6 EFI Sno Pro or F7 EFI Sno Pro.... i live in ny but not around any major trails the most i might get on any trail around is maybe 70 - 75 max if i got the guts to hold it that long... i have gotten up to 95 before in a field on my friends zr 700... so was just wondering which would be better for me the F6 or the F7... thanks

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
If you don't really plan to go much faster than 70-75 i sure the F6 would be very capable, maybe even the F5 i think its top end is around 90? anyone know

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
F6 would do it for sure
F5 would also do it - but wouldn't have the same kind of acceleration
F7 would be best, but if you're never going above 80 then I'd say get the F6 (or even F5)

and IMO orange looks awesome - but I haven't seen it in person

·
Registered
431 Posts
i've had my f5 to 92 (speedo) and i think its pretty accurate. Either way i'd go with the 6 because the 7 is WAY to much for insurance. EFI for sure--------AMAZING throttle response.

·
Registered
205 Posts
the orange F6 EFI would be PERFECT. i saw one of them at the cat show and it is awesome. personally tho, im not too crazy about the flamer graphics. id take the flames on the hood off. if you dont ride the deep moguls and stuff like that very often, or if you dont ride the deep moguls hard, save yourself the $500 or whatever it is and just get the reg. susp. unless of course you REALLY want the orange, but i cant say id spend $500 for a color and hate the way it rides(if you dont ride hard). i have an '04 F6 EFI, green, and that thing is awesome. i go thru the deep, hard stuff real fast. yeah, it doesnt just plow right thru it like some CLAIM the revs do, but it is 1 hell of a ride lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm with the majority and say the F6 would be perfect for you. For most trails the 600 will be all you need and for a 600 they are very fast and will give many 800 twins a good run. Both the orange and green sno-pro's are awsome looking but theres something about the orange that is just looks great.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
well, many different replies on this one, i'll get a poll started, i've always wanted to do that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'VE SEEN THE ORANGE. it looks ok but imnot an orange freak. id go wit red and the regular susp. save youreself a few bucks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts