Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new here but it looks like a great place and I'm glad I found it. I am looking at a new 2004 700 Touring. It looks like a great touring sled. My question is... does anyone here have any input on these Touring sleds?? I see that there are many changes since my Classic two up from 1994. Anyone own one of these sleds? Any input would be great thanks.

John

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
ive heard good things about them. i rode a skidoo touring and it was nice. there's a guy in here with one, but i dont remember his name... he'll be the one sayin he beat a rev across a lake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a 2004 Polaris 550 Trail Touring machine.
I have only had a chance to put on about 100 miles. It is the smoothest sled I have ever ridden.
I am finding it a little light in the steering department. I have made a few changes to the suspension and steering in the last few days but it has been too cold to test it out. (-35C) for the last 5 days.

If anyone else has comments on the touring sleds I would like to hear them. I am planning a big trip in excess of 1000 miles in early March and any hints or ideas are welcome.

past owner of:
Polaris 440 Indy
Polaris Sport

Yamaha 440SS ( 3 different years)
Ski-doo Olympic
Skid-oo Elan
Coleman RTX440

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm the guy that raced the Rev,it was up hill not across a lake.I have the 600 Classic Touring,can't imagine what the 700 would be like.My 600 rocks!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet. Thanks for the help.:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Polaris Classic

We have 2 -2002 Polaris 600 Classic's with appr. 5000 miles on each, and not a minites problem. Power is as good or better than other 600's, fuel mileage is around 18/canadian gal. ,M-10 ride is 2nd to none & the dual runners eliminate darting.
On the down side the handling is alittle loose in the back end and the 1" track has so so traction , a 1.25" would be better.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
205 Posts
if you have the means, deffinately get 1. that M-10 is sooo smooth. the only problem with it is it doesnt transfer weight as good as the edge susp., but we're gonna mess around with it and see if we can help that. as for the back end feeling loose, that's just the M-10, studs will deffinately help that. i have a '02 edge x with M-10 and love it. i dont know about fuel consumption as mine is an 800 and goes thru ALOT of gas. i think the 1" track hooks up pretty good, although, my lugs are ripping off. i'm guessing the new track's are better as i havent heard anyone else complaining about them. all around i'd say they are a great sled. you might be better off waiting till next year tho, my club pres. works for a dealership and said that the '04s arent gonna be worth much next year with the new style coming out, not sure if thats true tho. good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
I posted earlier that I made some suspension changes but had yet to test them out. ..well..

I just finished a 60 mile trip..lakes/trails/mountains you name it.

The machine is handling so sweeet now..I just love it..

Like I said it is the smoothest riding sled I have been on..

..happy trails..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts