Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want another sled! I allready have a 01 MXZ 700. But I want a mountin sled!!!! Does anyone know if the 550 has balls? I know its not going to compair to my 700 but im a big guy 270lbs and I dont know if im going to be satisfied? Ive also herd that you can order one with a 700. Please tell me you can!!??

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
dunno. but for a mountain sled i wouldnt go below a 600. if you got the money and all you do is hillclimb, the summit rev is good. but it sucks in regular trails.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
yeah, a liquid is definately faster. but, like i said, dont go lower than a 600 for hillclimbing. (stay away from skidoo triples though!)

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
A 550 is NOT going to cut it in a mountain sled. I would be so bold to say that nothing smaller than a 700 is appropriate in a mountain sled if you are intersted in any serious climbs. After going to Wyoming I came to the conclusion that you had to have a 700+ engine to climb.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Id probly do mountin rideing like once a year! I really want the sled because of the weight! I like doing drags and I want somthing lighter than the mxz. I wont settle for anything lower than a 700 usually but I cant find a used one anywhere!

·
Registered
64 Posts
my dad has a rmk550. its probably simmilar in power to a summit 550. around here it is an excellent machine. everyone buys these 800's and its just plain stupid. we dont live in the mountains, and you dont need that big of a sled. i cant even get the RMK stuck and its just a 136x15" track. i dont remember illinois having many mountains either. as far as those of you saying nothing less than a 700 will do, do you guys remember what was used before the summit (mountain sled) craze??

thats right. polaris indy light GT's were the hot ticket. if a 700 will barely cut it, then how did those 340 fans do it??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts