Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
ski-doo has recalibrated the gas tank fuel sensor for 04 to make them more accurate. lots of people complained and doo listened. REV ROCKS...

·
Registered
711 Posts
SO they made the summit on the rev chasis. This is in question because the idea of a mountain sled is that the center of gravity is back a lil because you want your front end up more. The rev is based on a idea of a forward center of gravity, so i question if this is a good idea or maybe it will just be ok, but i will be curiouse to see what happens

dano

·
Registered
47 Posts
summit rev

I recently spring ordered a renagade MXZ rev(this has a slightly longer track) and the dealer asked me if I wanted it to use as a mountain sled(i do not). The reason he asked was that he was pushing people away from the rev chassis who want to ride in deep snow. Aparently the summit was introduced at the end of the season out west and those that were able to ride it found the narrower belly pan to not offer enough floatation and the center of gravity being so much more forward that the sled would "dig" going downhill. It must be a problem if the dealer is willing to push away business because of it
I am sure they will do something about the narrow belly issue but I dont know what they can do about the center of gravity. Changing that would defeat the whole purpose of the new chassis.
That aside, I am counting the days till mine comes in... even if I only get to sit on it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find it hard to believe that your dealer will lable the Rev as a not so good mountain/deep snow platform. Go over the the snowest web site and read what others have had to say about them, and hoe many people have swithched because of how well it performs(I'm one of them)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hope I was given misinformation. The summits look great and I hope they perform as well. Did you get to ride it yet or did you order it for next year?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts