Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2004 Pantera that won't go over 2500rpm after tipping over. It will pull start just fine, but bogs out and dies if you try to take off. About 3 days before we tipped it over the electric start stopped working. I also noticed that the kill switch no longer works. Is there a fuse box somewhere?? Any help would be great!

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Pull the plugs out, keep the key off, and pull it over. I am guessing it is flooded.

·
Registered
26,131 Posts
Oh man thats awful! I think you should just sell it and get a new one! Hey by the way I'm in the market for a 04 Pantera! LOL! Actually just remove the battery cable over night, it is in limp mode, there is probably an eror code flashing on the computor!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still no Good

Left the battery cable off last nite, still won't go over 2500rpm and bogs out.......Seems like I remember that when I used the remote start option it would let the sled start, but would not let you ride it???? Maybe the remote start is locked up in some way.......Possible would explain why the key electric start is not working either???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes there is a hood pin.....I tried disconnecting it, but it didn't seem to make any difference......Looks like the switch just creates a ground return when the hood is up.....

·
Registered
26,131 Posts
The security system will let the engine start, but it will die if you give it gas! It will also die if the track turns! It's something in the anti theft system?

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
I am wondering if it is not like a jet ski where you roll it on the lake and it goes into limp mode to prevent damage. Then, you have to take it to a dealership to get it reset.

I'd be tempted to call a dealership and ask.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem Solved

Found the problem. Blown 7.5Amp fuse located on the firewall behind the brake disc. Replaced fuse and all is well. Kill switch still does not work, but thats probably just a bad switch........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts