Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,977 Posts
Nice snowmobile! If you pass it on I would remove the 2nd seat and all that to remove some weight. And wait till he is about 15 or 16 or so till he takes it. Those 600s are nice engines and reliable. Also a in person class would be good for him to do as its required in most states anyways but some do it in person vs online and the in person ones if there is snow will have you bring w/e snowmobile he intends to ride with them so he can learn some pointers from different teachers and experience it in a controlled situation. Unlike when I started it was "jump on hit the throttle and hold on" ;) lol. Nah j/k but that 1st time you ride can be scary if you slam the throttle right off the bat on those larger machines. The one you bought him that sport is one of the best ones to learn on. I went from kitty cat to 340s to 440s all fan cooled to liquid cooled 400, 600 and so on. He will learn that the liquid cooled machines are a whole new game when going from a fan engine.

GL! Hope you and him enjoy the riding. Too bad you aren't closer to Northeast Wisconsin always looking for someone to ride with since my dad is now retired from riding due to a bad neck injury.

· Registered
3,977 Posts
It's a bit different though when you grow up with them from the time you are young like I did and your son though Dan. Plus as a kid I was on trips that lasted 200-250 miles a day on the snowmobile so I got to learn a lot that way as well.

· Registered
3,977 Posts
As a kid it wasn't rough as I just sat there in front of him being so little. But as I got older I realized no way could I do that as I would be so sore that I wouldn't be able to do the next day. Even now it takes me a few days to recover from any trip. People at first don't realize you work your butt off on the trails when riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts