Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the top speed of a 2003 sxviper?My buddy has one and he said 111mph.He keeps up with a f7 firecat and a rev 600H.O keeps up wit two of them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The 2002 SX Viper could reach 110mph in a mile. Not sure what was changed for 2003....but one reviewer dyno'd it at 120hp (at the track).

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think each manufacturer caters to a different crowd. I'm not a big fan of Polaris or Arctic Cat. SkiDoo is OK, but there are way to many of them. I've always liked Yamaha because they seem to have a better fit & finish and seem to be more reliable.

I'm sure there are sleds that every manufacturer mkes that I would like.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Yeah, i went around 110 on Rangeley lake 2 years ago. on my SXviper, it does keep up with the sleds.

·
Registered
152 Posts
a friend had a 97(?) srx700 tripple(i think) with power valves (whatever they are) and his goes aproximitally 121 i think is is pipeed and clucthed, he just baraly lost to a ZR800 (srx missed the wholeshot by a little) when racing have a tach and know your engagement RPM, stay just below that rpm , dont idle right before the start,keep it before eng and you will save time by not going from idle to engage speed

·
Registered
653 Posts
An SRX and SX Viper are completely different.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have an 03 viper and raced a 06 skidoo mxz600ho and a 2000 mxz 700 and beat them both i was ahead and the 600 said he was doing 115 and mine said 121

·
Registered
996 Posts
I dont know but up here it would run 20mph slower not much air at 10,000 feet:p

·
I LOVE PINK TACO'S
211 Posts
I WOULD LOVE MY VIPER TO GO LOW 120'S. I HAVE HAD MINE UP TO AROUND 115 ON A LAKE. IM NOT A BIG YAMAHA FAN, I LIKE POLARIS BUT THE VIPERS ARE A REAL NICE SLED. THE VIPER IS THE BEST ALL AROUND SLED I HAVE BEEN ON BUT IN NO WAY IS IT A DRAG SLED.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you triple pipe a viper you can be upwards of 150 hp and with a clutch kit they really rip. My friend has one and it will beat an apex top end.

Before mods, the stock vipers i ride with hit 131 on the speedo. The incredible speed was because the lake we were on had almost zero resistance. The snow got wet and melty during the day and then froze over night, so in the morning it was like riding on rough ice. Great for top speed runs. Not to mention it was a mile and a half straight away that you could come in to around a corner doing 85 or 90, so plenty of room to get up there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts