Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, tried using the search function on "RX1" and "yamaha RX1" and didnt really turn up anything ..... not sure if its an issue with my CPU or the Fourm search function.

anyways,

Im looking at buying a 2003 Yamaha RX1 with 7k miles.

Just wondering what are some things I should inspect on a sled like this prior to Purchase?
Common areas for stress cracks?? etc....

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
the service bulletins and tech updates were minimal and most were insignificant through 05, when i quit gathering info. no big "red flags" about that sled.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok.... I thought they had an issue with something cracking on the track area or something?

I was hoping to find out where too look for stress cracks or things of that nature.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
the mtn rx's were known for the rivets loosening on the drop brackets for the rear suspension. the track itself, again, on the mtn models had some lug curling issues. any issues other than that on the track or skid would be dependant on rider abuse, to my knowledge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
RX-1 owner...help.

The 2003 rx-1 is the best sled I've ever owned. Very reliable and strong. However, it didn't respond too well to a watery submersion! SANK! I've drained all fluids, cleaned carbs, disconnected exhaust, charged batt., checked fuses, volt metered every contact, and I turn the key and get nothing. Does anyone know what could be fried?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts