Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently started splattering black oil pretty much everywhere have no clue what it is or where it's coming from

·
Super Moderator
18,333 Posts
I think you have an exhaust leak. The oil is unburned oil that is exiting the cylinders. It could be the exhaust gasket from the engine to the manifold, the manifold gasket to the pipe, or a busted bellows in the VES. I'm betting VES, there is a ton of oil on the underside of that diaphragm. If the diaphragm ruptures, it will push the oil out the hole in the top of the bellows under pressure and give the dispersion pattern you are seeing. At any rate, that's easy to check by pulling the valves for exam/cleaning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you have an exhaust leak. The oil is unburned oil that is exiting the cylinders. It could be the exhaust gasket from the engine to the manifold, the manifold gasket to the pipe, or a busted bellows in the VES. I'm betting VES, there is a ton of oil on the underside of that diaphragm. If the diaphragm ruptures, it will push the oil out the hole in the top of the bellows under pressure and give the dispersion pattern you are seeing. At any rate, that's easy to check by pulling the valves for exam/cleaning.
Your right

·
Super Moderator
18,333 Posts
Easy fix. You may want to freshen up the springs while you're in there, they get rusty and don't compress as well as they should, which may lift the valve too soon and too quickly. Spendy little guys, so be prepared ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts