Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SLP single pipe and silencer, and V-force 3 reeds in my sled. The jetting from SLP calls for 510N main jets and the e-clip in the 4 position. I have ran it several times now, and it is running way too rich. If anyone out there has a similar set up on there sled, let me know what you think for jetting. I am not sure if I should go to a 500 main jet or a 490. The spark plugs are extremely black and full of build up. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I run a 2002 800 Liberty engine with a "Fat Boy" pipe, Delta V-3 Reeds, in -10 to 10 degree weather I run 480( MAG) & 460(PTO) mains and clip on #3, 10 - 30 degree weather I run 460 & 480 mains and clip on #3. shane

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Shane. I think I will look into 480's or 490's for main jets. I knew that 440's were my stock jet, but I guess SLP wants you to be safe and not run too thin by going to 500's or 510's. Do you think 480's will still be big enough to run the sled full throttle across a lake and things like that? John

·
Registered
183 Posts
There are many things that effect jetting, tempature, elevation, high perf. parts, ect... So it takes some testing or trial & error to get it right. I would start w/ the 480's and do a quick run and check plugs and performance ( Does it "Get It" or os it doggy ), if plugs look good try a longer run at Full throttle and so on. shane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts