Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New to the site and snowmobiling. I got a 2003 edge 600 with 136" the sled is pretty quick now but I'm looking to make this things as good as it can be for deep snow. We ride in the u.p. the most I'm already looking for a new one for my self. The edge would be for my girl friend she is new to snowmobiling as well. I want to set it up to be as light as possible and easy for her to ride/handle and not get stuck! So track/ski/ clutching/gears anything you guys can think of to make it easy machine for her. Last year she tried a Brand new summit and hated it to much track I think. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Luke

·
Super Moderator
17,191 Posts
deeper lugged tracks will do better in the deep snow, but not as well on the trails. Everything is a compromise.

You could set the sled up to the specs for the Switchback (the SB came out in 2004), it is designed to be pretty good on the trails and pretty good in the powder. It has a deeper lugged track than the Edge 600 but not as deep as an RMK. The gearing may be a bit different, as well as the clutching. You can find the part numbers here to compare what you have with the SB.

Browse

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts