Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
figured i would throw this out there for opinions... ran across this sled, a 2003 indy classic touring 700. has the liberty 7oo engine in it, is the 2up model. an employee just happened to mention it the other day. is his moms sled, was bought new in 2005. they are selling there sleds to buy a 4 wheeler. has 735 miles on it. no scratches, tears, etc... i guess the only flaw is it has a dead battery for the elec start. asking $2200

my plans are for some trail riding and ice fishing with wife. anyone have any pros/cons of this sled including any engine issues. dont know anything about the liberty engines. your input is appreciated. i am going to look at it after work tomorrow. thks in advance...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I bought a used Classic Touring 800 last year and this is a great all around sled. It's a solid built sled and it can be converted to a single rider by swapping out the rear seat with a luggage compartment and adjusting shocks.

I knew nothing about sleds before buying this last year. Unfortunately, I was running the sled for a while with a broken oil/water pump belt. By the time I figured it was the belt that was causing my overheating problems, it was too late. I ended up blowing a piston due to lean and overheating.

Most of the maintenance can be done yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts