Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Arctic Cat Pantera EFI that starts and idles great, but when you give it throttle, it falls flat on it's face. The fuel pressure is in spec, TPS sweep is in spec, Throttle switch is bypassed(unplugged) all other sensors have been checked and passed tests. The stator charge coil # 1 & 2 are in spec for resistance test and static (turning over with electric start) Peak voltage is good but the running peak voltage it low on Charge coil #2 when the rpm's increase and drops off the more the rpm's increase. Chrarge Coil #1 maintains 200v and does not decrease as rpm's increase.
My question is that i'm wondering if the stator is the issue or is the computer dragging the voltage out of the charge coil #2. Any thoughts or past experience on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
26,045 Posts
Welcome
Nice ride!
Have you cleaned the exhaust valves?
What is your fuel pressure?
Are your clutches set at 12.2"?
Are they clean?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Valves are cleaned, cables adjusted, clutches rebuilt, fuel pressure good. Bypassed switches, etc. This issue is like the throttle switch is not working but I have it unplugged, normally open ignition system.

·
Registered
26,045 Posts
And the clutches rebuilt is nice but is the center to center correct? 121/4" works
Doubt it is electrical
But how did you test your fuel pressure?
Put a T in on clutch side and bring hose up to bars with 0-60 gauge
36psi static is nice but running what is it at 36.??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts