Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought the sled from a buddy. he started in three pulls to load it. all i did was fill it with gas and hauled it home. it was sitting flat in the pickup.
i have put in new plugs the br9ecs-5s. checked all the fluids. there is spark. gas to the plugs. my question is. whats the best way to start the 800? and r the lights on the guages supposed to flikker while starting cause mine don't

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
the light don't flicker, are you using the choke?

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
Key on? Tether connected?
If it's being a bear to start you could try pouring a little premix in the sparkplug holes. but that could also indicate your carbs are dirty, so you may want to clean them just to be safe for the season. I do every preseason!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got her running good now but every now and then when its ideling it idels at 3000+ rpms. and all of a sudden the tach quites working and the hight temp, oil pressure, and the brake light iluminates on the dash. any ideas?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Inspect your carb boots for cracking that engine is prone to this problem and an erratic idle is one of the symptoms. if they are ok make sure your throttle cable is free moving and lubed and that the cable is not pinched or kinked anywhere.

As for the lights double check that your tether is connected properly this will cause a beeping and warning light also up under your dash are a couple black ice cube type relays you may have one of these going bad I would highly suggest buying a spare and keeping one with you when you ride.

Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts