Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ZR 800 EFI/CC. Last fall I installed 144 new studs into the 1.25" track. It really helped a ton with hooking and so on. The question I have is the sled has a ton of top end but I want more pull out of the hole. The studs really bring the potential of the sled down. Other than playing with the clutch I hear others talk about swapping out the drive gears in the chain case.

Any thoughts as what I should do. Please include Cat part numbers if you can. Looking for max hole shot with good top end.

Wacky

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
your a little outta my league, i would suggest asking your local dealer, go see the mechanic in the back, tell ihm what you want to do and im sure he'll be happy to help you.

·
Registered
431 Posts
i geared my zrt600 down for more pull out of the hole. i dont have much experience with big twin cluthing and gearing so id contact black magic.

·
710 Posts
I would leave it alone. You probably have 24/39 gears in yours. Tripples like to be geared down, twins don't really care for it IMO. 24/39-25/38-26/41 are the common 800/900 gears to run with 24/39 being the lowest/quickest if you want to call it that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts