Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2002 xc sp 700. This sled has around 4k miles on it, and all of a sudden the lights started flickering. I read around, and the problems seemed to be with the part #2010167 left handlebar basic control. I took it apart, and sure enough, the switch contacts must have heated up, and melted the switch. So now, the switch allows the lights to flicker, or if High/Low button it touched, the lights go out. Pretty scary on trails at night, when the problem happened, almost had an accident. I'm thinking polaris should recall this part, regardless of year- it is clearly a safety issue. Does any one know of a way to contact polaris directly, has this ever been done before, and was it successful? I also know the 2010167 was spuerceded with #2010305, and that with # 2010369. However, there is no data anywhere I can find to see if the switch was re-designed, or just a part # change. Any help is appreciated, I would like to put a burr under the butt of some polaris exec over this. The part is very expensive($130.), most dealers sell 6-7/year. and there is no real info out there. i would think every customer would be complaining about this to their dealer, but I do know the dealers just blow you off when you complain. let me know if there is a real way to feed back to polaris. Thanks for the forum!

sled pics

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.