Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for anyone that's like me and loves a bit of extra light this post will be for you. I've been trying to come up with ways to make a lightbar work being that I dont have a battery nor dc power. So here's what I came up with. I went on Amazon and ordered a super low wattage lightbar. Believe its 18watt 1.5amp. Second ordered a 16$ ac to dc rectifier, 3rd orderd some sort of bracket to mount to the front. From there you'll have to find somewhere that has 12v AC and tap your rectifier in the there, it must be 12v otherwise it wont power that bar. I was able to find an un used plug underneath my speedo and tach. Than I simply pinned the plug instead of cutting and splicing and ran a switch and BOOM you got yourself a working lightbar. It will pulsate just a bit at idle but once you give it a little gas it smooths right out. This was on an 2002 Polaris xc700

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And for anyone that has the same sled as me, you will tap into the yellow wire for power and the brown wire for Ground-Neutral, this will be on one of the 2 unused plugs. I reccomend using a volt meter to double check as you go. Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Ummm idk what state you live in but just so you know using that on a trail as another headlight might be considered illegal. You may want to check with your local DNR or w/e they call themselves as I know here running those is not allowed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts