Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I pulled bothe legends out for the winter and 1 won't even crank! Not the battery, fuses, or ECU. Has this happened to anyone else? It happened on my other legend and they swapped the ECU under warranty. The reliability of these brand-new machines sucks. This is my 3rd winter with them so no more warranty.

Any info would be appreciated!!!
Gary O

·
Registered
33 Posts
Garyo , one very important thing to check on your Legend is the battery voltage. Even a bit low 11.5 v , and the MPEM will not turn on....therefore no spark , even if you try to pull start it. I seen this on a sled that I had in the shop last winter...Good luck Jari

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 2002 Legend uses a battery type ignition system. Does the unit not turn over? If not, & your battery voltage is ok check your relays. There are several relays that store your voltage then supply to power up the MPEM. The MPEM requires 9.6V DC to operate. This is pulled from the battery through relays. Also lights are battery power through relays. Do your lights go on. It could also be your start switch. I have not seen many MPEMS fail to say this is your problem.

I would suggest that you try to locate a wiring diagram for your sled and try to diagnois it. Electrical can be very tricky, especially when you have a system that starts at AC Volts then converts to DC Voltage.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
sounds like a bad relay. easy and cheap. located above the battery. two small black boxes. one is for accessories. whack it with a screwdriver. I'm in need of a MPEM maybe yours might fist my sled? part 512059469. [email protected] thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts