Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I'm a new sledder who just bought the above. I noticed when you turn the key to the second position, a light for 'prem only' comes on. I don't have a manual so I was wondering what this means? Can someone please clue me in? thx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ProXPilot

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'm confused. The dealer said I could run lower octane gas. The mechanic there told me the same thing. When I turn the key on one click, the prem only light doesn't come on. When I turn the key to the second click is when the light comes on. What does the second click do? Does it change the computer settings for the engine or something? Thanks for your patience with a newbie :rolleyes:

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
From what I've heard/read, it changes the computer, advances the timing to compensate for the slower burning 92 Octane fuel, and goes like hell!

·
Registered
633 Posts
smallengineguy said:
From what I've heard/read, it changes the computer, advances the timing to compensate for the slower burning 92 Octane fuel, and goes like hell!
ding ding ding, mine has the same thing, i ran it on the reg. setting with prem fuel and didnt notice i had did that untill i went to nail it and it bogged and i was like wtf and then i realized what i did

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Prem Only Setting

Wow, cool!! Thanks guys, I appreciate your lettin' me know what this was all about. I love the machine, for me it's plenty fast since most of my riding will be with my wife on her 2001 Super Sport :) . I'm lookin' forward to getting some snow now. We're supposed to get 6 inches between now and Christmas. I can ride on the lake but its mostly glare ice so I have to stay near the edge where there's about 2-3 inches of snow. Not much fun. There are a lot of trails here and I live right by them. We just built a house (well, still building) right on the lake, so it's prime territory for sledding! Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts