Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 ZR600 with APV. How often should they be cleaned? Is it hard to do? Where can I get the info to do this.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
apv

is this the anterior plica valve. I read about that earlier. I am not sure even where it is located.....i am looking at getting a '98 ZR. Do i need to be worried about if its warn or anything??

·
Registered
26 Posts
APV means Arctic Power Valve. Cleaning depends on the oil that you are using. If you are using the Arctic Cat Powervalve oil (not to be confused with APV oil) then cleaning will be more often. The Powervalve oil was the 1st oil Cat came out with in 2000 (for the prototype). Once they switched over to the fully synthetic APV oil cleaning neede to be done half the time. Some people have found good luck using the Castrol R2 Synthetic Oil. Arctic Cat is really vague on this subject. In the Owners manual it states that APV system should be check & adjusted monthly. Bottom line is this:

Arctic Powervalves are not the easiest items to disassemble and clean. Try to pull on your cables. See if you can feel any binding. If not don't mess with it.

Powervalve oil between 1500-2000 miles
APV Oil 2500-3000 miles

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I was checking mine about every 2000 running Klotz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts