Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are a couple of these sleds around for pretty cheap ($2800). I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about these sleds. How much HP does it produce? Is it reliable..? Was this Polaris's race sled before the pro-x came out? Any help would be appreciated! By the way would it be able to out run my friends indy trail 488? Seeing that it is a fan i would like to know how it would hold up to that indy, because i would much rather have a liquid but these are sweet lookin sleds and well in my price range!

There are two here are the ads:

2001 Polaris XCF 440 in great shape. 3800 mi. Studded track. $2800-Contact Information-Freeport, ME

and a 98:

1998 Polaris XCF 440, reverse, 4,300 miles, white w/red access. low black windshield, just serviced, awesome cond. Windshield bag, ski skins, screen kit, trim kit, sharp looking sled. $2,450 obo-Contact Information-Windham, ME

Can anyone help? lol

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
228 Posts
i believe the 01 XCF was a pro x chassis which is good! that motor is an awesome motor damn near bullit proof. not too sure on the HP #'s but the sled should be fine unless they beat the ever living hell out of it.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like something faster but for around here theres no need to have a 100mph sled so i think this would be good, and i like the suspinsion on the 2001 because i will hit the jumps if there is any around!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks for the input, i really like this sled and there are no trails around here that will let you do over probably 70mph unless you want to kill yourself, but this sled should be able to haul all 190 pounds of me right?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So you have one of these sled or had one?? How did you like it?? Im really interesterd in them! My friend has a indy trail 488 but i know i would be able to keep up on the trail with him on the 440, and my other friend has a z570 and all i have to say is i wasted him on a trail on his z370 that had a problem with it lol! So im not going to have a problem because i am a better rider then my friends that have sleds because i have been riding much longer!

Are there any mods that can be done to this sled to get more out of it?? I know its a fan so i probably wont notice much more power but i dont know thats why im asking you guys:D .. Also is the 2001 a XCF440 SP? Because on dennis kirk it says Indy XCF SP and not XCF 440..?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sweet thats what i wanted to hear lol thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts