Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i bought a 01 mxz 600 last year and when you ride it itll randomly just shut off it has power every were then after 10 mins itll shut down fire right back up i took it to a shop they cleaned the carbs powervalves.Claimed it was fixed i went to pick it up we fired it up and it started doing its typical quiting thing sometimes you can ride for 10 mins somtimes not even 5 mins the shop claims it makes a diffrence on the temperature cause they had it inside said ran great when they took it out when they let sit out side ran like crap. They said it could be a throttle saftey switch too i gotta call him today im gonna go pick it up and mess with it any ideas what it could be thanks in advance. its a zx chassis

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a way to test these things and how he thought it would be something to do my elctronics too gotta talk to him in a bit here

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i replaced the coil with a coil i had off a wildcat 700 motor now it got a lot once inwile still will bog but if you let up on and feather it through it stay running think its the coil and show go buy for a mxz

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay

i was riding my mxz and was doing its typical quiting i noticed once it quits it usally back fires before it starts another guy with a 01 mxz 500 said it could be my igition cause i dont have the rubber key and moistere could be corroding my igition switch what do you guys think thanks bryan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever get this problem figured out I've had the same problem with my 01 mxz 500 for 8 years now and no one has figured it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I no it sounds crazy but have any of u happen to change the type of plugs that came in it we had a 99 mxz 600 we had br9eya plugs in it after a foul plug did same thing we went back to br9es which is what that come with never had problem also don't over tighten gas cap we had that happen would vapor lock just snug it an that's it try that the plugs had to do with the computers didn't no how to identify them is what we were told but try that may work did for us

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts