Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to make sense of the wiring diagram for my machine. My understanding is this machine uses DC power to charge the battery and AC power for the lights.
I would expect to see an input from the stator and 2 outputs (1 DC for battery charging and 1 AC for lighting), but it seems there are two stator inputs (YELLOW to YELLOW and YELLOW/GREEN to GREEN) at the regulator connector and I'm not sure how the ouputs are working here. Can anyone help explain this to me?
I think the RED from the regulator to the RED/BLUE is DC for battery charge, but really not sure about the AC distribution.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Stator only puts out AC.

Regulator has a half-bridge rectifier that feeds pulsating DC to the red wire.

The battery is only there to provide power to the solenoid and starter.

When you turn the key to start, it powers the solenoid, which then powers the starter.

Once running, the red wire will provide a pulsating 12-14 volt DC to the battery (max 5 amps) for charging.

Headlights, taillights, handwarmers, etc all run off the AC system and are in parallel with the voltage regulators yellow wires.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok got it thanks. In parallel is the key I guess.

you’ve been helping me in another thread I think. Still struggling on that one…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.