Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I bought this sled used, its in great shape, tons of power and stuff but the last 2 rides have not been good.

Ride 1: having a good time ditch banging, go up a small hill all is well, go to start up the next little hill, sled wouldn't move, rev'd to 5000, but was spitting and sputtering, so I put it right to the bar for a few seconds and it seems to clear out and took off, but not the way it used to. Checked plugs, they were pretty black, one had a gained a ton of gap, the plugs were not even the right ones. So I put new NGK Iridium plugs in.

Ride 2 (last one): Made sure everything was topped up. Starts great, Idling well. Go riding still not the same, just doesn't snap the way it used to, still lots of power but just not what it should be. We ride for 3 hours and I see my "oil" light flickering, so I checked it and I was almost out of injection oil...I had just put over 1L in to fill it right up just before this ride. My airbox is soaked inside, carbs are coated in oil, lots of oily residue where my pipes come out of the motor. I pulled the airbox off and right in the carb intake on both of them is a small puddle of golden fluid, assuming its my amsoil injection fluid.

I checked all around and cant see why or how this is happening, How long should a full resevoir of injection fluid last? and any ideas what might be happening? maybe the pump is bad and its mass pumping or something?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
18,335 Posts
You should be using a quart of oil per 12 gallons of fuel. You should be able to get almost 3 full tanks of fuel per tank of oil. Check to see if the lever to the oil pump is returning completely. If the pump lever works at the same time as the throttle cables, it is likely the pump is malfunctioning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot I will check that tomorrow when I have some daylight. I will also get some pics incase someone sees something a-miss

1 - 3 of 3 Posts