Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I bought a 2001 rmk 600 with 900 miles and service records, in great shape starts first or second pull, rode it today 100 feet on snow covered road and about a mile of trail, returned to road and temp light was on, let it cool for 10 min. then tried to go, it wouldn't, primary clutch spins and engages but secondary wont spin, I cant turn it by hand either, track wont spin either secondary shievs wont open to remove belt, caliper doesnt appear to be stuck, cant tell if hyfax are stuck, what else could it be? help please.

·
Super Moderator
17,144 Posts
I would suspect the track wasn't getting adequate snow for cooling and you have melted one or more track clips to the hyfax. It only takes one clip melted into the hyfax to lock up the back. Get the back of the sled in the air and examine the full length of the rails to make sure every metal clip is free of the hyfax.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Or drive shaft bearings seizing. On one side of the machine, in the chain case, are the bearings for the main drive shaft and the secondary drive shaft. On the other side of the machine are flange mounted bearings for the main drive shaft and secondary shaft. Could be one of those - but they would have been making a heck of an objectionable racket before binding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts