Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 2001 super sport and the steering handle bars has a lot of play. I heard it may be the drag link which is under the engine. I heard if you remove the air box you might be able to get to it enough to tighten without moving the engine. Is this true? If so it seems the air box is also one piece with the oil reservoir as well. What's the trick to remove that as well? Any help or better yet videos which I cannot find would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Also if you go to this link and click Polaris and then click on 2001 High-Performance service manual your snowmobile is included. It should help you as well with the removal and any ?s you have on that drag link.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also if you go to this link and click Polaris and then click on 2001 High-Performance service manual your snowmobile is included. It should help you as well with the removal and any ?s you have on that drag link.

Thanks you rock. I've been search all over for the manual and could not find it. Really appreciate you help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

@Coolhand I went through the manual and I see the drag link and the bolt I believe I need to tighten but does not say how to get to it? It is under the engine that I know but hoping there is a way without moving the engine, I tried to loosen up the bolts and felt like one would not move and I was going to snap the pole so I stopped.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Idk then, I've never had to tighten one up. What normally happens is the bushings in the steering go bad and you replace them with a bushing kit. So I am at a loss here. Maybe BC_Dan can help as he has owned Edge machines in the past,I've worked on them but never owned one or messed with the steering on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts