Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased the 700 SKS and I noticed the closest line to the oil pump which is the crankcase oil line will drain back to the oil pump. The other 3 oil lines stay charged with no problem. I changed this line thinking that maybe it was getting some air but after you shut the sled off you can still see the oil slowly draining back to the pump. I was thinking of replacing the main oil line and filter from the tank to pump next to see if it helps. Is this a sign that the pump is going bad?

·
Registered
186 Posts
That doesn't sound good to me. Maybe it's ok if it pumps up quickly upon startup. I would definitely suspect the pump. We'll have to wait for other 700 owners to clear it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea that is what I was thinking cadillac. It doesn't pump up quickly. I have to do the prime method in order to get the line to fill. I am thinking that the oil pump should act as a check valve and hold the lines fully pressurized.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found out that Polaris is the same, the check is in the banjo fitting. Removing the bolt from the banjo was the only way for me to completely bleed the line. Otherwise the air was trapped just before the banjo. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts