Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2001 mountain cat 800?

I was looking at buying an 01 mountain cat 800..It is carbed, 144" track with 1700 miles.. It is the limited model with the shock reservoirs..selling price is 3000... Was this year a good year for the mountain cat? any negative info on this sled? any info would be great.....

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
I think the 1M series started in 02, thus buying an 01 mountain cat would be like buying 04 mustang, or something right before a design, nothing wrong with that, in fact, it's awesome for getting a good deal on a good sled.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G-ForceJunkie said:
I think the 1M series started in 02, thus buying an 01 mountain cat would be like buying 04 mustang, or something right before a design, nothing wrong with that, in fact, it's awesome for getting a good deal on a good sled.
thats cool, but were these sleds good? any problems to note?

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
I have a 2002 Mountain Cat 600 and really love how it has performed. I have only owned it for not even a year yet, but I can tell you that I have ridden other mountain sleds, and I feel that it surpasses the performance of the RMK.

The suzuki engines and body are solid on the mountain cat. Yes, the M1 Chassis is out, but I really don't think there is a notable difference between the two sleds.

I would say that you should try test drive the sled... and if you like it go for it. $3000 seems like a good price to me, especially if the sled is in good condition.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ok, i know i am a polaris guy, we are like cancer to cat lovers, but i have heard and felt myself, that the 01-02 rear suspensions were heavy. not that this is reaon enough to not purchase it.
Cat got it figured out by 03-04 but those early year ones, in my limited expierience, were heavier.

BUT

that price sounds really good, especially for an 800.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the sled yesterday. I took it out today and am very happy with my buy. Thanks for the input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts