Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little help on what can be causing my 2001 formula deluxe to flood on initial start of the day. Has good spark. I only put choke at half. Once it has started I have no issues, starts 100%. Runs great down the lake. Appriciate any feedback. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Welcome
How is it flooding?
If it starts 100% of the time, what is doing that it is flooding?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, it floods 80% of the time. If I get it to start then it will run great for the day. When it sits over night it may flood in the morning again. I have tried starting it the last 3 days and it floods out. Replaced plugs with new plugs and still wont start. Gets to my much gas. When it is warm starts good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking I may need to take both carburetors out and check and clean them. If floats were not level wouldnt it be hard to start all the time.

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
I would first try turning the gas off when you shut it down. If that allows it to work correctly then you are probably going to need to that each time after shutdown or check the floats and needles and seats for debris, dirt and worn seats (or rubber tips shot).

Steve who used to turn his 97' Mxz670 fuel off each night.

·
Super Moderator
17,164 Posts
Another thought.. what kind of oil are you using? I was using one brand and had a lot of issues starting if the sled sat for a while. When I switched to a different brand, that issue went away. My theory was that the first oil was slumping down into the bottom of the crankcase and when I tried to start the sled, that oil was picked up by the air/fuel mixture and into the cylinder, where it fouled the plugs. The second oil stayed better on the internal parts and did not end up in the bottom of the crankcase... my theory, take it for what it's worth!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts