Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought this and it was a mess throttel cable to oil not working, smoked all the time..fixed that this is what i did

yellow epi primary
21tooth upper gear
1062 weights i was thinking go to 1060 im not quite hitting 8200 im at like 7800
secondary of pro x with a different progressive spring not sure what spring
snow stuff can

it runs lean even after warm up when i hit the gas it falls on its face only at closed throttel to 1/4 just that little bit theres no responce and some times cuts out

im gonna leave clip on needel stock i think its thrid clip down
i bought 380 &400 main jet im gonna start with the 400s and see
im gonna put 45 pilot to help it. every once in a while shoots a little flam out of exhaust when idle. maybe this will help also with shooting flam

any ideas anybody hae a clutch set up thats fast i want this thing to fly if i bolted wings on-er lol any help

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody has any imput?

ok so i havent got one reply? is that bad or good?
i took secondary off i have a blue spring and i put it in the 3rd hole it was in the 2nd

found out my diaphrams where both ripped so im waiting to replace them this should solve my problems o and my valves looked like the inside of yur chimey! horrible due to riped diaphrams..now do u think i could have sludge in my crank from this problem..obviously oil statred spitting out when they riped.

i also just got 380 and 400 mains and 45 pilots im gonna compared to 430 im gonna put 380 in and see how she runs once i fix everything you think thats too much? everybody seems to be doing it! o and this 600 beats my friends 05 rev 800 thats mint with porting clutch work and exhaust maybe im on to something why buy a 800 when you can get a 2001 edge x for 1800 and put 500 into it and have a lighter faster sled for less money lol i wave as i pass him with his 5000k lol he doesnt like me anymore lol i told him when i bought it hes gonna be mad when i pass him lol he goess yea right lol little did he know..any imput on my sled would be great i dont know what im doing im honda certified and worked on bikes my whole life but an engine is an engine however you like to look at it mine just might be faster than it actully looks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noting nobody not even a single your stupid u fing ediot thats great do this u fd up do it this way this works better try this method yur doing good thats a good setup nothing at all nobody..what has happend..

·
Terrain Dominator
1,918 Posts
This thread has left me in an eerie confusion..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i bought this and it was a mess throttel cable to oil not working, smoked all the time..fixed that this is what i did

yellow epi primary
21tooth upper gear
1062 weights i was thinking go to 1060 im not quite hitting 8200 im at like 7800
secondary of pro x with a different progressive spring not sure what spring
snow stuff can

it runs lean even after warm up when i hit the gas it falls on its face only at closed throttel to 1/4 just that little bit theres no responce and some times cuts out

im gonna leave clip on needel stock i think its thrid clip down
i bought 380 &400 main jet im gonna start with the 400s and see
im gonna put 45 pilot to help it. every once in a while shoots a little flam out of exhaust when idle. maybe this will help also with shooting flam
found out my diaphrams where both ripped so im waiting to replace them this should solve my problems o and my valves looked like the inside of yur chimey! horrible due to riped diaphrams..now do u think i could have sludge in my crank from this problem..obviously oil statred spitting out when they riped.

any ideas anybody have a clutch set up thats fast i want this thing to fly if i bolted wings on-er lol any help

·
Registered
427 Posts
EPI yellow = 165 # engagement and 310 # finish. I run an EPI purple 185 engagement and 275 finish with 10 60 weights. Stock spring is Poo dark blue/white @ 120# engagement 310 finish. Very Trailable with stock secondary set up and 10-60 weights. I couldn't get my sled to pull 62 gram weights. I really tried.

400 jets. Came with 430s. Not absolutely sure on this.

Stock air jets. Keep in mind that turning them in makes the mixture richer unlike the idle jets on round slide carbs.

192 studs. 10" carbide on USI 301PX skis (forward stiffening rod deleted).

stock secondary but is not in stock adjustment. I don't remember what exactly I did but definitely stock components. Most likely wrapped spring a little tighter. Stock secondary has an r11 helix (45-36 degrees) and silver/blue spring in number 2 hole.

Dropped one tooth on top sprocket so now I'm 22/39. Could go to 22/40 with stock 74p chain.

My exhaust valves come in a little earlier than stock setting.

3" riser and hooks

This my set up. I don't ride this sled as much as my Indy Trail Touring which has been heavily tweaked and sports a single seat. I like to ride close to the edge of performance and the guys I ride with have 99-2001 600 and 700 Cats and Poos and shall I say a little less ability. I'm just constantly waiting for them if I ride my EdgeX.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I see that you are running a 21 top sprocket. 21/39 is not recommended for a stock 74p chain. Quite an angle going around the chain adjuster. 21/40 and 21/41 is. Less angle is desirable. Stock gears are 23/39 for a 1.70 to 1 ratio. 21/41 is a 1.95 to 1 ratio.

21/39 is a 1.86 ratio.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bacisly customed the bolt so it pushed the tensoner in a little farther i still have plenty of adjustment..should i get a differnt chain if so which wouldi
what are you saying about my ratio? is this bad or good i have more top end.
what are you suggesting i should do?
so im in the middle of gear ratios 1.70-1.95 im 1.86 is this bad?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and what do u mean wont pull what excatly happens with 1062
yellow spring is no good should i put 1060 with yellow spring
my friend did this to 3 sleds seems to be fine

·
Registered
427 Posts
i bacisly customed the bolt so it pushed the tensoner in a little farther i still have plenty of adjustment..should i get a differnt chain if so which wouldi
what are you saying about my ratio? is this bad or good i have more top end.
what are you suggesting i should do?
so im in the middle of gear ratios 1.70-1.95 im 1.86 is this bad?
Theoretically you should have less top end with a higher ratio number. That isn't always how it works out. As far as I'm concerned, any speed capability over about 90 mph is useless.

IMHO 1.86 is just fine. I just threw some options for lower gears out there so you could get your chain to run a less circuitous route around your gears. I mentioned matches for the 21 tooth gear and 74p chain because you already have them. I'm sometimes accused of being cheap, although riding a sled isn't.

The next size chain is 72p according to my book 72p is to short for 21/39 and I doubt you want to go 21/37 cause that is going back to stock basically.

Track speed for 23/39 @ 8250rpm is 104.5 mph. Track speed for 21/41 @ 8250rpm is 90.8mph. Clutches @ full shift of course. This is all theoretical number crunching.

Did I mention that I try to have as little belt deflection as possible? Love those adjustable secondaries.

·
Registered
427 Posts
and what do u mean wont pull what excatly happens with 1062
yellow spring is no good should i put 1060 with yellow spring
my friend did this to 3 sleds seems to be fine
When i say my sled "won't pull" 62 gram weights, I mean I can't get the revs up high enough to use the sweet spot in the power band. I don't have the horsepower. I'm sure you don't either.

1060s with your epi yellow would be fine I think. The change from stock would be a slightly higher engagement rpm and slightly lower finish rpm. The change from your current set up will be to slightly increase the rpm across the board. These sleds in stock form engage a little early and over rev a little at WOT. Just peachy for most people but we aren't most people are we?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so.

i noticed i can only hit like 7900 so you think that if i put 1060s it would be faster then the 1062 and 1062 are starving me from my power?
so if i put the 1060s it will engage higher and finish probably around 8100 give or take yur saying?

i think i have a r12 helix is his possible? i took it off my friends pro x its not stock they dont remember what it is..ediots!
i was kind of distrught about the chain as i noticed the chain hugging the gears becasue of the tensioner pushing in more..he said hes done this and it seems to be fine
would probaby be a little smoother if i put the 23 tooth back in he was saying that the 23 tooth cant really pull the 1062s i said why wouldnt it not knowing anythign the sleds gonna go foward i just dont know the results
a 72p chain wont work? so could i keep 1062 weights with a 23tooth gear woul dthat be better or worse than the 21tooth
or if i put 1060 with 21 tooth gear or the 23tooth?
thanks for yur imput- what would u do to make this thing fly oo and yea im deffinatly not like MOST people lol!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did I mention that I try to have as little belt deflection as possible? Love those adjustable secondaries.[/QUOTE]

what is belt deflection? i herd about shimming and the distance between the primary belt and the side of the clutch what should i check and where should i make an adjustment what would i want and what wouldnt i want? thankss

1 - 13 of 13 Posts