Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 600 xcsp with an extended track (136"). What can I expect the differences are between the stock 121 and 136 track are? I know that the longer track will do better in deep snow but what else?

- Any changes in how I set up the suspension?
- Any recomended clutch changes?
- How will this thing handle on the trails?

I do not know if the previous owner made any compensating adjustments when he extended the track.

I have not even ridden the sled yet (this weekend will be the first time) and I am new to sledding. I will give a ride report after I go out but I really have nothing to comare it to. I am excited that the longer track will give me more versatility but I want to know the cons and what differences this will make in general set up. Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me!! This forum is awesome for a guy like me that is new to all of this!!

·
Yukon Powder hounds!
20 Posts
With a longer track you will have more torque and better traction. Depending on personal preferance after you ride it for a while and want more torque you should clutch it down. If you decide to stud the track the sled will be an animal on hard pack.

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
a longer track will not give you any different torque.
advantages=smooths out the ride, better traction, more flotation
disadvantages=longer tracks will not turn as well. won't notice it on a 136, but the longer the track gets, the more it wants to push straight through the turns

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20" of snow today. My first snowmobile trip! Went out for 3 hours today. The XC did great in the deep snow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts