Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 polaris classic edge that I blew motor up and found a reasonably priced motor on craigslist that's out of the same year/model sled with a non ves motor and just want to make sure my motor is a non ves motor or wont it make a difference if I'm replacing whole motor? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,803 Posts
If you have a non-VES engine and buy a VES engine, the exhaust won't line up. It does make a difference, the angle at the cylinder is not the same. There could also be timing differences between the two, as the CDI listed on the Polaris website is only listed for the 2001 non-VES engine. I'm not sure if that would cause any issues.

·
Super Moderator
16,803 Posts
If it's a VES engine, you can see the black VES valves on the front of the cylinder.

This is a Non- VES engine

Non-VES liberty.jpg

This is a VES engine

VES Liberty 700.jpg

Pics stolen from the interwebs, the first is from this forum, the second courtesy of Google

Notice the black valves on the front above the exhaust. Those are the VES valves. According to the Polaris webpage, the 2001 600 Edge Classic did not have VES valves. You can look here: http://parts.polarisind.com/browse/Browse.asp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts